"We utilize a team approach to ensure that our clients receive the total wealth of our experiences in providing real-world solutions and / or recommendations."
STM&P, Inc. was founded in 1995 by Carlton Rice. He has over 35 years of experience in telecommunications, technical marketing, and web design having worked with and for such companies as Westinghouse, AT&T, Nortel Networks, General Electric, Wang Technologies, RMS Technologies, Hughes Network Systems, IBM, Alcatel Lucent Technologies, Pacific Bell, Verizon, GRC International, University of Maryland, ARCON International, Applied Professional Training, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and ARINC.
Experience and projects have included:
- Technical training. Working with telecommunications companies to train their technical and marketing staffs in all areas of telecommunications, data communications including VoIP and fiber optics.
- Technical marketing. Helping clients envision, design, develop, and manage products and services. Designed and helped develop automated software for cost-efficient network engineering. Managed a global data communications service.
- Telecommunications. Designing global voice and data networks for large corporate customers. Extensive experience in all relevant communications protocols including IP and ATM and middleware including WebSphereMQ. Substantial understanding of the telecommunications industry, its technologies and their application, its business/regulatory environment and associated marketing issues.
- Global data networking. Design engineer for numerous high level telecommunications and data communications integrated systems. Extensive experience with the local operating company and interexchange companies' economics and engineering of digital telephony including LANs and WANs in support of information systems.
- Consulting, software engineering, network systems development, technical
research and systems integration support. Skilled in object-oriented systems development, client/server database applications development in PC, UNIX, and Mac environments. Systems design and implementation specialization in areas including Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), electronic mail, proprietary protocol gateways, operating system internals, and database management.